a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Please reuse vocabulary more

orgulous8500
Been Around a Bit

Please reuse vocabulary more

Postby orgulous8500 » December 16th, 2014 3:18 pm

Dear Vietnamesepod101,

Thank you for all the lessons. I have finally been able to stick with Vietnamese since January this year after studying with you, unlike with other methods. I think having audio lessons come out a regular time each week gives me a deadline to work toward every week for week which has motivated me to continue. I look forward to further progress next year.

I was hoping that in the new year you could make further efforts to reuse more of the vocabulary from previous lessons in the subsequent lessons. Particularly I would appreciate it if you could reuse some of the grammar patterns from a lesson in the subsequent few weeks immediately following. Sometimes the grammar patterns taught in the lesson notes don't get fully introduced in the dialogues and we don't get a chance to hear all the words spoken. For example, in the grammar point in Lower Beginner Lesson 20, they talk about time phrases and introduce quite a lot of patterns and terms. They talk about how to say the time of the day but the dialogue doesn't include all the time phrases (although it does make an effort to include a lot). It's much easier for me to internalize the grammar patterns if I can hear them in a sentence over and over again and sometimes there's no sentence conveniently available that I can listen to on your site for the stuff in the lesson notes. I can see that you already reuse words sometimes, which is good, but I wanted you to know that this is a big help to me and I was hoping you could do it more.

Also, speaking of lesson 20, it's been particularly difficult for me. I was wondering if there could be a new lesson that has both similar content (talking about daily routines) and the related structures (time) in the future.

I'm looking forward to more content in 2015. I've already paid for it. I especially like the lower beginner audio lessons and hope even more content like this can come out next year so I can progress at a faster rate.

community.vietnamese
Been Around a Bit

Re: Please reuse vocabulary more

Postby community.vietnamese » December 22nd, 2014 8:29 am

Dear Orgulous8500,

Thank you very much for studying with us for such a long time.
We highly appreciate your feedback. What you wrote was absolutely right.
We'll try our best to reuse the introduced words so that learners will be able to understand how they are actually used in a sentence.
We hope that our next series will be more helpful to you.
Once again, thank you very much.

Cheers,
Giang
Team VietnamesePod101.com
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Vietnamese Lesson Suggestions”