Start Learning Vietnamese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Any plans for Intermediate level Vietnamese?

barryareef8080
New in Town

Any plans for Intermediate level Vietnamese?

Postby barryareef8080 » August 8th, 2013 6:01 pm

Hi, I really like the podcasts you produce but I was wondering if you have any plans to produce an Intermediate level series in the (near) future?

At the moment there is a big gap between the Beginners material and the Advanced level stuff. How about you do a series where two Vietnamese speakers speak some natural dialogues/conversations based on everyday chat. Then have the 2 hosts (one English-speaking, the other Vietnamese), go through the dialogue and pick out key vocabulary, simple grammatical structures and give examples of how to use them correctly?

Thanks
Barry

team.relationships
New in Town

Re: Any plans for Intermediate level Vietnamese?

Postby team.relationships » August 26th, 2013 12:42 am

Hello Barry,

Thank you a lot for you question.
We are currently working on new lessons, mainly Beginner level as to help learners to have strong basis before starting the Intermediate level.
Of course we will have an Intermediate level, as for every language, and this is will be done the way you described!
Stay tuned and thank you again for your consideration!

Mélanie
Team VietnamesePod101.com

Get 40% OFF
barryareef8080
New in Town

Postby barryareef8080 » August 27th, 2013 6:26 pm

Hello Melanie, thank you very much for your reply. That's great news! Yeah, I agree about the need for more Beginners material - I am finding Vietnamese an extremely difficult language to learn. :(

team.relationships
New in Town

Postby team.relationships » September 26th, 2013 6:27 am

Hello Barry,

Sorry for the delay, all my apologies!!!!

I totally understand your point, but diffcult doesn't mean impossible ;)
Please be patient and these courses will be published very soon.
Since it's not an easy language to learn, please learn again and again the Beginner's series.
This is usually what I do when I start to learn a language, to be sure i've got strong basis.

Thank you for your comment, and please feel free to ask us anything you need to master Vietnamese!

Melanie
Team VietnamesePod101.Com

bryanrobertwhitehead_1709
New in Town

Postby bryanrobertwhitehead_1709 » September 6th, 2015 1:36 am

Hello,

I'm a newcomer, and I have reached Beginner level. It probably won't be but another month or so before I'm done with that, then I'll have nothing really to work on except flashcards. That's not very much material considering the site took $250 for the Premium membership (which, by the way, I thought was going to be a monthly charge...lucky me).

Soooooooo, two years later, there's still no intermediate level? I'm not trying to be pushy or rude, I'm just wondering why it's still not even hinted at?

Aside from that, there should be an extensive section for grammar, more than what they go over in the audio lessons. It would be so helpful. Right now, I have to use quite the handful of sites to try to piece together the grammar on my own. Luckily, it's not that difficult, but it helps. :P

orgulous8500
Been Around a Bit

Postby orgulous8500 » September 7th, 2015 11:38 pm

I've been a subscriber since the site started although I didn't find much that was that useful until the Absolute Beginner audio dialogue podcast series came along. I hope that they keep increasing the difficulty of the material. It does seem like this site went a long time just rehashing the same phrases and vocabulary at the absolute beginner level. I'm glad they're moving up again. I love the audio dialogue podcast series, which is why I subscribe. I listen to the dialogues over and over again. The listening comprehension videos are good, too, although I'd listen to them a lot more if there were a way to listen to just the dialogue without all the stuff in English. I hope for more material for southern Vietnamese, I was happy when the series of Outhern Vietnamese phrases came out, although there're lots errors where you click on the audio and what you hear is different from what you see.

jaehwi
New in Town

Postby jaehwi » September 9th, 2015 2:14 am

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We'd like to inform you that we're currently developing the Vietnamese Intermediate series, which will be on the site from January 2016. While waiting for the new series coming up, please also visit our "Listening Comprehensive" video series where you can find them in Absolute Beginner, Beginners, Intermediate and also Advanced levels.

http://www.vietnamesepod101.com/index.p ... eo+Courses

Thank you again.

Jae Lee
Senior Product Manager
Team VietnamesePod101.com

bryanrobertwhitehead_1709
New in Town

Postby bryanrobertwhitehead_1709 » September 10th, 2015 9:05 pm

Jae,

Thanks for the reply. This is absolutely wonderful to hear. The site would be such a great resource with just a couple of tweaks. It has helped me a good amount :mrgreen:

Return to “Learn Vietnamese Feature Requests”