Start Learning Vietnamese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Suggestions on what to start with

maddie.laplante_1648
New in Town

Suggestions on what to start with

Postby maddie.laplante_1648 » February 25th, 2014 1:49 am

So I joined VietnamesePod because I recently married the love of my life. His first language is Vietnamese and I wanted to be able to speak to him in his native tongue. So far though just going through survival phrases he says he doesn't understand me and that I'm speaking really proper. He speaks the southern dialect and I was wondering which lessons cover southern. What I want to learn first is day to day speech. Not like how much is this or where is the bathroom more like how was your day? I love you. I miss you. What would you like for dinner? Did you take out the trash this morning? and things of that nature. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

community.vietnamese
Been Around a Bit

Re: Suggestions on what to start with

Postby community.vietnamese » March 2nd, 2014 1:59 pm

Hi Maddie,

Thank you for joining our program.
I really understand how much you would love to communicate with your husband in Vietnamese.
We actually do focus on teaching Northern Vietnamese, but it does not mean that Southerners cannot understand it.
Therefore, what is taught in Survival Phrases is basic Vietnamese and all people in Vietnam should be able to understand.
Can you let me know what you did try to say and he did not understand and I can help you figure out the solution?
Currently, we do not have lessons that specializes in teaching Southern Vietnamese, so I may suggest you join the premium plus membership so you can talk directly with a native Vietnamese tutor and ask exactly what you want to learn.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
I look forward to hearing from you again.

Cheers,
Giang
Team VietnamesePod101.com
Get 40% OFF

Return to “General Discussion and Help Learning Vietnamese”